I've had to have several players go delete their clientregistry.blob file to
fix this problem.
In every case, that was the only thing that worked.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:16 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket

Get this user to go to http://support.steampowered.com/ . There are
several reasons for this error. One potential solution is to log out of
their account (via File->Change User) and log back in again.

- Alfred

Chorizo Omelet wrote:
I may have missed something, there has been a lot of activity in the
list lately and I have not had time to read it all.  But, is anyone
else
seeing this type of entry in their logs?

Connection to Steam servers successful.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
Adding master server 69.28.151.162:27010
Adding master server 68.142.72.250:27010
Dropped (some player) from server
Reason:  Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket(server was
unable to contact the authentication server).