Thanks for the link Ian, but nothing in there is new to me and it's
still not working.

I added .bsp , .ain and .bz2 to the MIME types in IIS and now the
address works in IE/FF e.g.
http://www.eleanetwork.com/HLMaps/dm_agora.bsp but the game still
refuses to connect.

This is the error I get:
Missing map Maps/dm_agora.bsp disconnected
(why is it referring to the maps folder instead of HLmaps?)

It's strange though that when I try to connect the progressbar moves
beyond the bsp file and stops on the .ain file.
Also all the ain files are 1 kb and all of them seem to contain only #,
is that ok?

 From what I've been reading from the forums it seems that this
sv_downloadurl isn't neccessary except for if you want to download the
maps from somewhere else than your server. I have all of the maps on my
server and this new address is on the same server as the game server. It
doesn't even work to download them without the sv_downloadurl so I'm
wondering if this is still a port problem. Could it be that maps and
such are sent through another port than 27015?

I just tried disabling sv_allowdownload, sv_allowUpload and
sv_downloadurl and the progressbar still seems to start the download as
before, although with the same consequences (the progressbar label also
says it's downloading a bz2 file but I don't have any of those).

Thanks,
Valdimar Kristjánsson, CTO
00 (+354) 693 2062_
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; _www.eleanetwork.com_
<http://www.eleanetwork.com/>

This communication is solely intended for the addressee, it may be
confidential and it is not for third party distribution.