From: "Steve!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] HL1 banner

I've brought this up before, Alfred even took steps to see WHY the
banners
weren't working. Then he remembered that they had been taken out of the
engine, and I'm sure commented that they would not be coming back.

Why they were taken out, I'm not sure, they were a nice feature,
better to
have something there than a boring loading screen during maploads.

Really Valve, give us these back, they're no worse than having in game
sprays etc, what harm could they possibly do?

Steve!
www.timerider.co.uk