Well like I have said in my forums.If they blend it into a game where it's
not so obtrusive it wouldn't be that bad.Like making the coke machines on
office actual coke machines of ballz machines or making the computers actual
dell computers ect.But I can see signs put into the game that look akin to
billboards advertising game servers.Which would suck considering I sell them
cheaply to fund my community or webhosting.Which I also sell cheaply to fund
my community.

I wouldn't be quite as pissed off about it,but like said before,they took
away the server operators rights to put their own image into the fast
downloads bandwidth advertisements only to replace it with their own in the
future.Can anyone say..."Wait we can make money from this!" And like some
have said in my community,"Well in BF2142 you can block XX ip addy and it
will stop the stream of ads to your client." Well judging by how VALVe is
they will go off and make it server side and write it into the engine as
such that if you block XX ip addy server side it will fail to activate the
Non-Update VAC or it won't auth with the STEAM servers.Or something along
those lines.

And the very main issue that really pisses me off.I have always told my
community to the best of my abilities this would be a non-advertised
community.Meaning no google adwords.No google ads.No in-game spamming trying
to get people to buy stuff ect.And here comes VALVe on the copy cat
train.**Choo Choo**

I'm sure and postive for VALVe it would be a good move.I don't doubt that a
bit.More money = more stuff.But will that stuff be employees and updates, or
house boats and cars?

-BeNt-
/rant
http://www.gorillazsouth.com