From: Scott Tuttle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:50:19 AM
Subject: RE: [hlds] Feature request: sv_serverdomain

I hold @Home in high regard because they were my first cable isp.  But put
your epeen back in your pants.

Just because someone doesn't have as much experience as you doesn't mean the
idea is not worthy.

I built 35 million dollar storage area networks in a now defunct startup
company that was brought down by sloppy management, yet I still think the
idea is worth merit.  Not everyone spends that much money on dedicated ips
and colocation.  Even if they do isps change and dns can be modified and, at
least in my vision (mostly), is "future proof".  Occassionally even those of
us, due to cost or poor service, move our servers to other network providers
and this would save us from having to start over with a regular user base.
Don't be so close minded.  Maybe you will get more respect.