Wow. Sorry, I am a little bit behind the curve here since I don't host CS or
CS:S. You mean to tell me that this in game advertising is forced and not
optional? I was obviously wrong when I read the original announcement about
it earlier. I thought it gave the server admin an opportunity to run in-game
ads of their choice & design. But apparently this is a forced change and the
content stream is not defined by the admin, but by Valve? OK: Are you
fucking serious? I am sorry this is happening to the CS/CS:S community, and
sure hope it doesn't find it's way into the other mods. We spend $1200
monthly on servers for pubs. An out of pocket expense without any revenue
stream to support it. If I was then forced to run ads for someone and allow
them to capitalize on my services which I offer for free, I'd drop the game
vendor in a heartbeat.

It was bad enough the other day when I went into one of my TFC pubs and saw
some advertisement in the "Content Provided By:" box that listed some other
game server host. Business is business, and Valve's product are no
exception. They develop in order to make a profit. Valve has extreme talent
and also the financial capability to dictate a lot of the industry trends,
so why jump on this bandwagon? This is, in my opinion, as bad as spam.

How Sad. Please someone tell me that I have it all wrong, and Valve isn't
selling out and throwing their admins under the bus.

Can anyone confirm or deny that this ad based model will or will not be in
TF2? We plan to make a huge roll out of dozens of TF2 pubs when Valve pushes
the final release of it, but if TF2 will have ads, I will go buy a fishing
boat or gamble $20k on craps in Vegas instead of doing a TF2 server farm.