From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:48 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds] hl1mp out of date, please restart server. Now
what?

Because is would mean giving away Half-Life 1: Source for free,
something we aren't interested in doing at this time for the reason
of allowing hldsupdatetool to work with it.

- Alfred

Ook wrote:
I can't believe there is any technical reason why it can't be made
available via hldsupdatetool. If I and others can assemble a
fileset that works, so can hldsupdatetool. I can, however, believe
that internal politics or policies at Valve will prevent it.

But then, I don't really know exactly how the update process works.
Why can't it ever work with hldsupdatetool?