So instead of fixing a problem, you're going to just hide from it?
Can't that exact same 'exploit' still be used to triiger "fps_max 2" on
clients?
Can't that exact same exploit still trigger client commands?

No it's not acceptable to check cvars and kick offenders, for one because
people will change variables after changign the server, and checking the
value
every few seconds is neither efficient, nor save, nor should it be needed.
Players should not be required to know exactly which cvars we block, sure
some of them have an exploit nature, but some are also blocked since they
should have no place in competitive play. A player simply executing his
config, or setting a competition blocked cvar to something else should not
be kicked from the server. He should be prevented from changing said cvar.

zBlock specifically supported the "restrict_server_commands" convariable as
quite simply it's only fair. zBlock however can not function *properly*without
any abbility of preventive protection.

As a final question, in previous emails you've stated that you would also
provide
an interface that would not only allow plugins to query client variables,
but also
to effectively restrict certain convariables to set values, which would then
not be
saved into the config. While the need for this has been minor with the
abbility of
triggering client commands, it would certainly be something that's going to
be
needed if VALVe indeed intends to keep the abbility to trigger client
commands
'removed'. Assuming that it will indeed remain removed, are there any plans
follow up on this instead (ofcourse preferably before this gets out of
beta)?