From: "Ronny Schedel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [hlds] Who plays HLDMS

Try setting sv_region to the correct value.

Best regards
Ronny

I'm looking at my server, Half-Life DeathMatch Source, and not one
player
from is from the USA:

UK - 1
Turkey - 2
Russia - 3
Poland - 1
Austria - 1

This seems to be a fairly consistent pattern, I seem to get more players
from Europe the the USA. I'm wondering if my lackluster ISP (Centel),
which
gives me less then stellar pings, is the reason why I don't get a lot of
US
players? European players coming into a US server expect higher pings
and
tolerat it, US players want lower pings and go somewhere to find it?
Everyone is pinging in the 200 range right now.