I was mostly interested in the process of doing a country lookup on all
those IP addresses. If I have a bunch of IPs myself, how do I turn them into
a list like that?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Ottalini
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:38 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Who plays HLDMS

These are generated from the server logs by extracting the player's connect
IP address, stripping out duplicates and then doing a country lookup.

There are always a few bogus extra IP counts due to dynamic IP addresses,
but not that many (a percent of the total or so).

I cross verify the total count against the total number of unique SteamIDs
during the same period of time just to make sure something weird isn't
happening.

There will always be more IP addresses then SteamIDs since there will always
be connections that never actually enter the server.

Doing a detailed SteamID VS IP address correlation is more difficult since
the event times can vary and no one log line carries both pieces of
information (WON logs had this but not Steam).

There is at least one Server Stats program that will prepare a list like
this automatically (I'm not sure which, might be superhebbe).