I don't know why costum maps shouldn't work with sv_pure 2 ?

As far as I understood and tested the client just gets forced to use the
content from the gcf.
As long as there is no content in the gcf files, the files from the cstrike
folder will be used!

If this doesn't work this way, please implement it.
It would be the easiest way to use costum maps and materials, as long as
they don't override default content ;)