If you are going to speak for 'us server admins' and such I think it
would be a good idea to provide some sources upon which you base your
statements. If you can not, I suggest you speak for yourself, or not at
all.
---
Regime
http://www.livebythegun.com/

Chris Barnett wrote:
They was going to. The wiki pages for it still exist, but it looks like the
project was abandoned. Besides, no one really wants Valve to get involved in
a server admin tool because 3rd party developers are doing a real good job
with them.

What a lot of server operators want, is a proper beta program where all new
updates from Valve are run for a set system so everyone, including the
plugin developers can see exactly is what on the horizon.

Leave Valve to update the actual game functionality, because us server
admins are tired of trying to get ourselves heard over the server-hopping 13
year olds, who think server admins are worse that the police or traffic
wardens.....that's not Valves fault - that's the way it is. That's the way
the cookie crumbles, that's the way the chips have landed yada yada yada.

Server admins are best off served by the 3rd party plugin developer
community, if only Valve would concede that, the whole thing would work, if
they bothered to implement a proper beta system where all new updates are
pre-published so that the plugin community can patch their plugins against
what Valve is releasing.

If Valve launched an official admin tool. We would be forever sitting here
begging them for this that and the other and we would be bitching with the
normal gaming punters for airtime, trying to convince Valve that certain
server features are more important than a HDR release of a certain map. No
thanks. An official beta program is a server admins wet dream come true.

Does Valve still think it's not practical? My C.V is in the post.

Cheers.

Chris.