Kevin Ottalini wrote:
I have 4 servers on one box right now, P4 3.0GHz with 2GB of memory.
The box is sitting on an OC48 fiber backbone though a 100mbit connection
(bandwidth is not a problem).

I have a busy HLDM:S server, a fairly busy HLDM (HL1) server, a not very
busy HL2DM server and a totally full TF2 server (24 players). I also
had one
HLTV and two SRCTV servers enabled.

A little while ago, the cpu maxed out at 100/100 (HT is on), about 50
players total were on across all the servers.

I killed off all the HLTV and SRCTV servers and the cpu immediately
dropped
down to about 75/75.

The TF2 server stats is reporting 93% cpu with 24 players on, although
that
varies with map and round time.

Basically the TF2 engine can max out a single 3.0GHz P4 machine,
especially
with SRCTV enabled.

At one point last night on TF2 I had 50 spectators on the SRCTV server
and
24 players on. I didn't want to kill the SRCTV but it was just too
much for
a single core.

Now if Valve could make the SRCTV thread use one core and the Game Server
thread use a different core, that would be a very good thing (and not
really
multithreaded is it?).

Even maxed out, the TF2 and other Source servers were running quite
will but
the HL1 server was having problems.