It's my personal opinion, yes. But I am not only a server admin, I am
also a player and I can see it at the horizon that it will end up like
in CSS with many crappy custom maps. And the point of back ported
textures makes it even more dramatic. As a player, I don't want to
play on such maps, because it just does not fit the style. Valve
wanted to keep the style and balance of the game as long as possible,
so they should do it with maps, too. Just my opinion.