Nolan Hurlburt wrote:
I think many of you may be missing a pertinent point in the whole 32 player
de-listing episode. Valve did not announce it. I recognize that they now
have, but its been days since. Of course valve is well within its rights to
do this, but to those defending valve's lack of posting to this list, I say
give me a break.

I work my ass off to keep my server in the top 50 (game-monitor.com).
I wake up at 5 AM hoping my server is empty so I can give it a reboot.
I pay $80/month hosting fees.
I take great pains to research admin mods/stats that will enhance my
players' experience.
I maintain a website proving the players a home.
I preordered a game to play in a beta.

Now I don't run a 32 player server and have no intention of doing so. But if
Valve delisted my server without telling me why, causing me to lose my
players and ruining all my hard work, I would be be livid. I recognize I can
stop playing/hosting if I don't like it, but I DO like it and Valve needs
people like us to run their servers.

Please Valve, don't keep us in the dark. We need to know these things ahead
of time. We love to help, make it easy for us.

Nolan

Well said, we do what we do because we like it, and we do like valve as
much as we criticize them. Just lately they've made a lot of people
unhappy. Just would like a little more help for server admins from valve.