"Be careful about the beta programme stuff. Valve have not implemented any
beta programme to help anyone. They did it with TFC2 for their own marketing
reasons and to help themselves and not us."

I guess that's why they released the SDK header files early for us so we
could get to work on server mods right away, nah that wasn't supposed to
help us at all.

:rolleyes:

"Also, I'm not happy with Alfreds response with the 32 slot business. I
believe the PC version of TF2 is being held back just to stop the console
version from looking so bad"

Interesting theory.

Consoles have one strong advantage over PC's.

They are easy, you buy a game for a console, chances are you can run it and
it will be playable. You don't need to worry about a lot of the little BS
things, you can just play.

PC, not so much. It requires someone with more of a clue.

I have customers that want to buy a gaming computer and they have little 6-7
year old kids.

I always tell them to get a console instead. It's cheaper and easier for
people not so technically inclined.

I'm assuming the player limit on the XBOX 360 is simply because all of the
servers are ran as listen servers, not dedicated servers in a data center
somewhere.

If they had a dedicated server for XBOX players it would solve that problem
and they could then take off the player limits on the XBOX.

- voogru.

Be careful about the beta programme stuff. Valve have not implemented any
beta programme to help anyone. They did it with TFC2 for their own marketing
reasons and to help themselves and not us.

When they release separate betas for EVERY update, then I'll be happy.
Because then it's being done for the community and not just Valves
interests.

Also, I'm not happy with Alfreds response with the 32 slot business. I
believe the PC version of TF2 is being held back just to stop the console
version from looking so bad

Chris.