Perhaps the demos should embed the current binaries and load those instead
of the current binaries.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Ulbrich
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 1:05 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 Update Released

The reason that this sucks that the demos not working is that for CAL you
need to record demos and keep them for the whole season.  Now with them not
working and if someone call you out on something you your team calls the
other out, you will not be able to watch the demos to see if they were in
fact cheating or not.

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Date:
Fri, 9 May 2008 09:10:36 -0400> Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 Update
Released> > This has been a problem with older demos for a long time with
HL2DM.> Somebody out there in the community developed a front end program
that would> load the older binaries so people could get their older demos at
least> recorded to avi or tga.> > I don't know how they got the older
binaries, whether they were just on top> of the updates and always had a
previous version backed up.> > Maybe somebody out there has done the same
thing for TF2?> > Keeper> > -----Original Message-----> From: Nephyrin Zey
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] > Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 1:27 AM> To:
Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list> Subject: Re: [hlds] Team
Fortress 2 Update Released> > Yeah, kind of like that. Thanks for the follow
up example.> > I thought it was a rather good way to express my frustration
with> ~20gigs of stored demos I have being garbage now. Thanks for setting>
me straight with your ironic reprimand.> > - Neph> > >