You could always just periodically query this site.

http://www.vacbanned.com

It's not done yet and still has quite a ways to go, but you get the idea.
If a downloadable database were made available from there(when it's done),
in conjunction with a plug-in tailored specifically to query this database,
then you could effectively keep every single cheater/past-cheater off of
your servers.  That site will be constantly querying Steam, so a
periodically updated database would seem easy to provide after the initial
round is done.

This is a very interesting idea, but raises some serious questions.  In the
end, I guess since they are your servers, you are free to keep out anyone
you please.

                                                    -Richard Eid