Assume you own and operate a TF2 server.  I thought the idea here was to ban
from your server(s) those people who've cheated in the past in other
non-Source games.  After all, if they've been banned from VAC secured Source
engine servers, you'll not have to worry about them at all as they won't be
there.

Also, what's the point of querying the SC pages every time when you could
pull from a local database that could be kept fairly up-to-date.

                                                    -Richard Eid