I was running a 24-man TF2 server on a 3GHz P4 and CPU usage tended to be
quite high.  The Q6600 (Intel 2.4 Quad Core) are popular for servers and
from what I've heard, people can generally only run one 24-man server a
core.  However, I've noticed that CPU usage drops drastically when NOT
remote desktoped in...

Unfortunately I don't have a server to do testing.

~ Matt