Olly,

Valve have posted the info to this to the list SPECIFICALLY. It is a huge
change to the way the game works...

We can only go on the info that has been given and that is that there will
be no server browser.

The new system that has been described means I doubt clans will bother to
host servers because the chances of EVER getting to play on a server they
are paying for is next to minimal!!

As to "I cant understand why everyone is so eager to slap valve for making a
decision that we haven't even seen the result of?" - the earlier people
start to explain that this is a BAD move (or rather start to raise concerns)
to Valve the sooner they can look into fixing it. Should we wait another day
or so when there might be no chance of fixing things for the full release.

We are raising concerns with an announcement THEY made - now it is surely
(fairly) Valve's turn to respond to our concerns - either by saying "yes
that's how it is.." or explaining where we are misinterpreting things. Why
else would thay have posted it??

The way I see it this will easily kill the PC version of the game: no one
will really want to host servers they never play on... so there will be no
servers..... joy!

Thomas Morton

++ No problem should ever have to be solved twice ++