Srcds.com doesn't really go beyond getting the game installed, which is the easiest part (one command-line command, one shell script and a five minute coffee break). I think what people would like to see is a more complete set of documentation on configuring map cycles and MOTDs, the peculiarities of each game, workarounds for any bugs that pop up, etc.

It seems there are a lot of "how do I configure x" questions on this list, and they're mostly referring to cvars or files that would be very easy to change if people just knew they existed or how to get at them.

-Dave

steve grout wrote:
i find srcds.com is all that's needed :)

David Kellaway wrote:
I have some unfinished rough documentation I wrote for myself a while back. Would anyone be interested if I were to transfer that into a wiki format as a general resource for server stuff?

-Dave

ccfan4326 wrote:
All I'm saying is it would be nice to have some decent documentation,
what's so wrong about that? I'm not trying to whine about it. I can
get a server up and running just fine, but some better documentation
would make it a lot easier.