But but!  An admin from CircleX posts on this list and he said he runs vanilla
servers and is on the up and up!
(Too lazy to dig up the emails about it where I called him out on it and he
denied it.)

It's jerks like those that make legit admins harder to come by, and the games
less fun.

Valve has a responsibility to maintain the quality of game, and it sucks that
they don't in this case.
The security ramifications of the holes/bugs that some of these servers are
exploiting is far worse though.

But hey, Valve doesn't give a rat's ass about server operators, why should you
expect them to give a rat's ass about people who have already paid for the game?