From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of SakeFox
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:04 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Valve It's Time To Listen And Answer!

it's been basically treated as the norm that it's russian roulette with
any update or game release. they keep pushing server files without
testing them and we suffer for it. i can't count the number of times
after a tf2 update that servers would work because of the server update.
Look at the game launches TF2 linux binaries didn't work for hours and
L4D windows binaries didn't work for hours. Is the next game just going
to have broken binaries for both servers? Is it really that hard to test
something before you make it live. This happens all the time and getting
more frequent.