Comments about working over Christmas are hardly reasonable in this case. We're
paying customers, who pay additional money to support other paying customers'
ability to play the game. Since the game launched the Sourcemod team have
ported their API to L4D's engine and I've written plugins to fix most of the
bugs and exploits, all on the unpaid time of volunteers. Valve are being *paid*
to code the game, and the support just isn't there. If I shipped a product to a
customer in this kind of state, I'd probably be fired.

Valve have been seriously dropping in quality of late with regards to
timeliness of bugfixes, response to communication, etc. Left 4 Dead in
particular strikes me as an extremely lazy, rushed title - there's a large
number of exploits, half of the maps are unfinished (not available in Versus
mode), and servers repeatedly revert to the wrong game mode. There's also crap
like the L4D beta having no way to allow private servers (and the current
system, Steam group servers, is seriously broken as provided, and doesn't work
for half my users) which shows an increasing disinterest in anything beyond
getting cash in the bank from game sales.

-Dave