I discussed this with a Valve employee who said he would add it to the fixes
in an upcoming release.  I believe it was later squashed due to concerns
about server plugins overusing it, but perhaps it will be in the OB update
for CSS since it's been appearing in other mods as they move to the OB
engine.  I believe DODS was missing this also, but now has it.