In summary...

Public forums are bad, too many people who don't know what they are talking
about

This list is good, its not as well known out side of server operators, so
those who bother to sign up and check it actually care and likely have some
knowledge about what they are talking about.

I'm sad to see this list go, at least theres an IRC channel and hopefully
another non-valve list in the works.