UPDATE players SET steamid = CAST(MID(authid, 9, 1) AS UNSIGNED) +
CAST(MID(authid, 11, 10) * 2 AS UNSIGNED)

No more steamid strings for me THANK U VERY MUCH.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Fyren
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 10:21 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Team Fortress 2 and Day of Defeat: Source Update
Available

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 22:01, Tony Paloma <drunkenf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd feel better about that article if there was some proof or citations to
> its claims. All of a sudden everyone's ID went from the Individual
universe
> to Public? Doesn't really make sense. I would accept something like "Oh,
> Valve is now trying to adhere to the standard they created." But I'd like
> hear that from Valve.
>
> Also the whole bit about how Y (in STEAM_X:Y:Z) represents the type of the
> account where Y can be 0-9 is bogus. Also, if anyone replies saying that
'Y'
> actually has to do with the server in which registration occurred or
whether
> or not the account was created pre or post-HL2 release (or some other era-
> based explanation) please assume I replied with '/facepalm'.
>
> Furthermore, after looking at it a bit more, that article is inconsistent
> anyways. At one point it says the Y is the type, later it says it's
assigned
> "apparently at random."

The information about the "Y" was simply taken straight out of
steamclientpublic.h in the SDK:

// Steam account types
enum EAccountType
{
        k_EAccountTypeInvalid = 0,
        k_EAccountTypeIndividual = 1,           // single user account
        k_EAccountTypeMultiseat = 2,            // multiseat (e.g.
cybercafe) account
        k_EAccountTypeGameServer = 3,           // game server account
        k_EAccountTypeAnonGameServer = 4,       // anonymous game server
account
        k_EAccountTypePending = 5,                      // pending
        k_EAccountTypeContentServer = 6,        // content server
        k_EAccountTypeClan = 7,
        k_EAccountTypeChat = 8,
        k_EAccountTypeP2PSuperSeeder = 9,       // a fake steamid used
by superpeers to seed content to users of Steam P2P stuff

        // Max of 16 items in this field
        k_EAccountTypeMax
};

-Fyren