This sounds to be more of a client-side issue than an issue with the Master
Servers.  More specifically, the problem is likely to be your router.  When
you get inconsistent results when doing a server query, it's usually due to
using a rate value higher than what your router's routing table can handle.
Usually, though not always, when this occurs, your Internet will "die" for a
short period or until you restart your router.

Try lowering the value you use for rate and give it another shot.

Another setting that may be to blame is sv_region.  Be sure that that's also
set properly.

                                                    -Richard Eid