No offense, but this whole list sucks at problem solving, every single
idea to deal with this issue suggested in this thread is just terrible,
absolutely terrible.

You can't disable clientside plugins just because a few admins are too
lazy to want to install a plugin to block people using clientside
plugins. People have the right to install clientside addons just as
server administrators have the right to install whatever addons they
want on their server. It's easy for you morons to want to impose this on
everyone without seeing any consequences, Valve actually has to deal
with the complaints from their customers who use legitimate uses for
their plugins. Why don't you let professionals with their own companies
reputation on the line deal with this intense decision making process.
Suggesting valve should add a cvar to disable people with plugins is
dumb, there's already plugins out there that does exactly this, go
install it and quit complaining. Don't make Valve spent their time
babying the few admins too stupid to know how to set up a serious
dedicated server.

This issue is basically the equivalent to the material hacks that are
possible to use anywhere on servers that have sv_pure set to 0 still.
It's not a big deal in the scope of things, and theres already ways of
dealing with it. Now quit acting like this is Valve's fault and go back
to blaming hackers and cheaters for your in-game shortcomings.

database 4993 (20100401) __________

http://www.eset.com