Analysts? Really?  You can' be serious.  Retail prices for new games whether
console or pc are the same no matter who the publisher/devloper is.   You
can almost go as far as saying it's price fixing at it's best.

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Alec Sanger
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 1:18 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE BETA

Since you've put no lower bounds on your theory, are you asserting that
valve would make more money by selling their games for $0.05 rather than
$30? You have to realize that there are analysts hired to determine the most
appropriate price point based on current and past trends. I would certainly
trust their judgment over yours. While I would love valve games for as
little money as possible, it's not always in their best interest to reduce
the price.

Why are we even talking about this on the HLDS mailing list?

Thank you,
Alec Sanger