Of course, you can't compare a large franchise of games to the indie
games, these guys had no advertising and no intention to make a lot of
money - MW2 was backed by advertising, hype, and was a sequel which
naturally gave it an edge.  For a more fair comparison however, how
much did the first COD game released gross in its first 5 days?

I was just drawing attention to the fact that, yes, a lower price CAN
and WILL bring in the crowds, and earn you a lot of money - I'm sure
each of those developers are now happy with their ~$200K each.  I'm
yet to look at actual figures, but I assume the $1.25M was after the
charity donations?  The point is more the VOLUME of sales given the
situation.