How did you check it, I want to try it on our Windows servers?

Thanks,
- Bubka3

On 10/12/2011 12:35 AM, Dominik Friedrichs wrote:
Last time I checked (2 or 3 months ago): Yes.
Thus I'm still using a patch that covers this up.

On 2011/10/12 02:10, Drogen Viech wrote:
Does it still do that?

2011/10/12<h...@gmx.com>:
Why the engine replies to empty packets with a full update? Is there any
reason for this?

http://wiki.alliedmods.net/SRCDS_Hardening#Force_fullupdate

----- Original Message -----

From: Tony Paloma

Sent: 10/11/11 09:50 PM

Subject: Re: [hlds] Mandatory TF2 update coming Wednesday

Every frame, the engine will sleep until it’s time for the next tick.
However, the Sleep system call may be imprecise and wake the process up
slightly later than intended. Setting host_timer_spin_ms will reduce the
value passed into Sleep by that many milliseconds, but will cause the
process to busy wait for longer while it waits for the next tick and thus
increase CPU usage. The var will not improve your framerate if you’re
constantly below 66 (i.e. a bogged down server), but may improve consistency
on a sub-second scale.