Hmm, well that's no good. What about programs or bios settings that cause the
high resolution timer to be lower than expected?

Unreal 3 engine does this
COD engine does this
Multiple other engines do this as well

Also I believe that even Windows 2008 with HPET enabled in the bios will have
the same effect. Are srcds servers going to run badly if HPET is enabled or
other softwares are installed that cause the high resolution timer to be
0.997ms?

- Bran