I too couldn't care less about the raging nerds who try to squeeze the last bit of performance out of their game, even if it gives them an unfair advantage over the majority of other players. The game should be fun and fair for everyone. Believe it or not, I'm still playing with a PC dated 2005 and my client FPS drop below 20 quite often in TF2. I highly doubt that anyone would notice any difference in server FPS playing from such a machine, and I'm quite happy that Valve levels the playing field in this regard. If - for some people - the in-game experience isn't smooth enough, I recommend getting a life.