Hi.

We had a similar experience on one of our most popular servers at
Wednesday night (UTC+1). The same cheater was on that server at the
time and it continued after after the cheater was banned. It appears
to be the same attacker.
http://tf2.rocketblast.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A40467009

It's highly unusual for us to get attacked, it was years ago we had
incidents so we had no sort of DoS protections already in place,
however we were dumping traffic at the time.
The attack consisted of a UDP flood (70000 p/s, 35 Mbit/s, also
causing backscatter) using spoofed source addresses and source port
27015, causing the srcds server it was targeted at to use 100% CPU,
lag and eventually drop all players. The cheater rejoined when this
happened. The data (20 byte) was the same for every packet, in hex:

ffffffff71303030303030303030303030303000

I'm not entirely sure if it's relevant to the attack, but
"sv_max_connects_sec" ("Maximum connections per second to respond to
from a single IP address.") was set to the default "2.0" and it did not
help other than possibly reducing backscatter, which by itself wasn't
terribly useful. We're going to try enforcing this in iptables
instead.