He's literally just listing every single person he's seen send a message on
this mailing list. My only other post on this mailing list since I joined
was to mention the fact that Javascript and Java are not the same thing.
How is that misinformation? I will admit that another user beat me to the
punch, making my message redundant, but that's hardly reason to add me to
some sort of "hurr durr thes r badmins" list.

This user's sole purpose here is to spam, piss people off, and
psuedo-anonymously launch personal attacks. That is his only goal, no
exaggeration. To those at Valve who are reading this: Please. You guys are
running this thing, so it's your job to keep it clean. I don't even run any
servers. I just like to have a heads-up to any incoming updates, or the
occasional major change that I need to let my buddies know about. I didn't
sign up for *this* crap.

In my opinion, this thing shouldn't even allow the public to post; it
should *only* be official messages and notifications from Valve employees.
If Valve means to facilitate discussion, then they should perhaps create a
forum (oh wait<http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=509>
 oh wait <http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/#tools>), encourage use of
said forum, actively engage users in official capacity on said forum, and
maintain the forum. This is much more desirable than continuing to use this
archaic medium. (Also, please don't stoop to his level by spoofing his
address. The fact that this is even possible only supports my argument that
these discussions need to be moved elsewhere. That and the whole "passwords
are stored and sent in cleartext" issue.)

In any case, I've just added a personal filter that automatically dumps any
email containing both the strings "crapware" and "valve" directly into my
trash, marked as read. I am giving serious thought to expanding this filter
to include all messages that are from this list, but not from Valve
employees. I politely suggest that you all also consider setting up some
kind of filter, as well as immediately ceasing any and all responses
to/mentions of this user. Please, pretend he does not exist.

I sincerely hope that this is the last message any of us see regarding this
issue, but I know it won't be for most of you.

Thank you,
Derek D. Howard