be aware that doing it that way is only valid for things launched from that
command prompt if you close it you have to set that variable every time you
run it
might be better if you set up a environment variable via your system
properties

sysdm.cpl or windows key + pause or right click my computer > properties >
advanced > environment vaiables

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM, scott biszmaier <sc...@aol.jp> wrote:

> open command prompt and type
>
> set VPROJECT=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress
> 2\tf
>
> then change directory to your tf2 bin directory which is
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin
>
> and type
>
> hammer.exe

> Sent: Sun, May 5, 2013 2:27 pm
> Subject: Re: [hlds] Very early betas of Source engine SDK tools released
>
>  Where is the VPROJECT environment variable?
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM, List User <l...@redspeedservers.com>wrote:
>
>>  Can you run multiple betas? sdk and prerelease?
>>

>> On 5/3/2013 8:21 PM, Kyle Sanderson wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Fletcher!
>>
>> Kyle.
>>

>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Fletcher Dunn <
>> fletch...@valvesoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  This is not really gameserver admin related, but several people on
>>> this list were asking, so I am posting here.
>>>
>>> We’ve released some very early betas of the SDK tools that have been
>>> broken by the SteamPipe filesystem changes.  They are now going to go in
>>> the same folder as the game.  The separate Source SDK app is not used for
>>> these tools.  Please see this bug in github:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/8
>>>
>>> That bug has the instructions for how to install the tools, and comments
>>> about what may or may not work.  (There are probably also some problems
>>> getting hammer to figure out where the .FGD files are.)  That bug will also
>>> serve as the location where you can give feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Terry Wrennall