I meant to say "You don't really have an mvm server community." I dont know
how it is now but before you couldn't even join valve mvm servers through
the server browser, said matchmaking only.

Building a community around matchmaking only? Not possible when people
can't come back to any specific server.

Ofcourse custom mvm server communities exist, like the ones with 9 human
players or any other mods. Those work through the server browser.