Lets not forget the IPSec policies that can be used to drop packets depending on IP/port/protocol. Its capabilities are very limited (no rules for packet size, data content or fancy stuff like that) but at least you can automate it using Netsh (as I did) to be able to blacklist certain source IPs once they trigger some kind of detection.