> RCON is fine if used properly, like issuing IP bans for failed attempts
etc.

You don't need RCON to issue an IP ban. Why you'd want to ban someone by IP
address is beyond me since IP bans are pretty much useless.

> I have tried to ban people but the steam I'd doesn't stay in the file it
disappears after use banid 0 "steam_###" then writeid. Didn't work

Don't use "writeid" after you ban someone. "banid 0 steam_xyz" is enough to
remove the offending player from the server. You also need to make sure you
have "exec banned_user.cfg" in your server.cfg or the ban list will be lost
when the server crashes or is restarted.