If he only has a 2-core VDS on an E5-2690, 10% (20% normalized) CPU is not that far off. This indicates that the game is running reasonably well when virtualized.

Normalized usage on an otherwise empty bare-metal E3-1270v3 (a much faster processor) is around 12% for a full server at peak.

The memory usage for this game is currently more of a limiting factor than CPU. Both have already improved significantly in the beta.

-John