It just sounds like you are trolling, giving useless reasons why being able to
host your own server should be easy when you hate community servers.

I’m not sure if that was directed toward me or the other person but I’ve not
said anything about disliking community servers if they were policed properly
they’d be a great addition to Team Fortress 2. Having seen the very reaction
from my idea that is no different to how Valve currently operates is exactly
why nothing can be done. I’ve seen multiple Steam groups setup about this issue
that have and will keep circling around to point where Valve did change the
menu and can anyone say it made a dramatic difference? From the numbers I’d say
no. The issue is Valve has no way to guarantee the experience of players as
they’ve said in blog posts it’s what they are looking for it’s what they want.

Tell me this if I was a new TF2 player and I had two options one for Valve and
one for Community both running similar maps, player counts but the official
servers had auto balance enabled whereas the community server had no auto
balance, insta spawn and ads. Which experience would be better? Before you go
“Oh you just attacking those with Ads” no I’m not I am simply trying to make
you see why Valve currently makes its decision and the sort of experience that
a player should expect to just “go and play” and yes it absolutely sucks I’d
love no more than to run 20 – 30 servers to have Seasonal events other than
monocolous and mermasmus if give more players the opportunity of getting the
items if all the Valve servers are full.