> > As for me, OSX working on my AMD AthlonXP means my leaving
> MS behind
> > forever.  In the mean time...
>
> But of course, Apple's hands are tied, because as soon as
> they try to support the x86 platform, Microsoft will withdraw
> their application support, meaning no more Office/IE/etc for Mac.

Wouldn't they be stuck, though, if OfficeXP already works on OSX?  I'm
not a programmer, but I do see your point.  Quick question: if an app
works in OSX on the current hardware, does that app have to be
completely rewritten for a different hardware platform even though it's
still runing in OSX?  I believe that yes, that's the case, but...

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)