From: "Eric (Deacon)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > If he only has 1.544 Mbps Internet connectivity then there's no way
> there
> > will be more than that going into the router.
>
> Not from the net side...but what about from the LAN side?

That's irrelevant... if he has other traffic on the LAN then that would be a
reason to keep 100 Mbps, not downgrade to 10 Mbps.

The point was that the HLDS server is not going to generate 100 Mbps of
traffic if you only have 1.5 Mbps of Internet bandwidth. Suggesting that his
router is being overloaded just because he has a 100 Mbps LAN is ridiculous.

But, the original poster's problem is so ambiguous that there's little we
can do to help other than offer random suggestions. Without him
troubleshooting it and narrowing down the issue (is it hardware? is it the
local network? is it just lagging for Internet clients or everybody?) we're
all wasting our time discussing this at all.

-Simon