On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 14:36, Nick Brooks wrote:
> If you really must know, we're escalation leads, in layman terms,
> engineers, for the Partner Reseller Helpline in the US, but that isn't
> the point, now is it?
> Please, let's get this back to the actual subject and not what people do
> for a living.

Then in future refrain from bragging about what you do for a living :)

Hence avoiding the topic in the first place.

Again, simple put, the guy should check the devices on his own network
first correct?

peers negotiating at different duplex's is something he should look into
first correct? (as its probably the easiest thing to find out).

Checking cabling is worth looking into too correct?

All of which should be done before contacting your upstream and logging
a fault, correct?