Yikes, I go afk for a couple of hours and I come back to what looks like a
Flamewar in the making.

Couple of things.

#1 My TFC server and the Router are not the only devices on the network.
There are other servers and the traffic doesnt just go through the Router.
Hence, having a 100 MB switch handling that traffic.

#2 This has been a known good configuration for years.....its just gotten
laggy under load.  It was physically re-racked within the time frame that
the degradation was noticed.  So the possibility of a bad cable or a poor
cable/NIC connection makes sense and Ill check it out...I didn't recall that
even until just now.

#3  This TFC server sits in the middle of a server farm.....a small one but
a server farm nonetheless.  I dont know how you guys design....but as cheap
as they are....a well designed 100 MB switch get my vote everytime.

#4 There cannot possibly be a bottleneck where the traffic feeds in and out
of the Cisco from the TFC box....as even a 20 player server cannot swamp
that router.

I am certain that the Lag cause is isolated to this server....including its
patch cable.  With my ISP customers I would have had other indications if it
was a problem that was outside the box.  I learned very young to check the
simple things first....and Ill know very soon.

Thanks for the ideas guys!!!!

Oh and...those of you who were quick to chew on the others for whatever
reason, and Im only saying that because I care, there are alot of
decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real
thing.....

:D

Eucke