> On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 15:40, Adam Hobbs wrote:
> > When has heat ever been an issue in an airconditioned rack in an climate
> > controlled data centre?
>

> regardless of how well cooled you rack is, internal case temps need kept
> down.
>
> We have just had to upgrade to a 2u case from a 1u with a dual amd
> system we had to increase cooling (and this is a floor forced aircon
> rack, in a temp controlled room).

Sorry,

I would never have considered running AMDs in a 1u rack mount regardless.
but if you did, I could see that heat could become a small problem,
especially if you cramming a few high speed HDDs into that small space as
well.  Satndard mini tower with front and back fans seems to run at room
temp in our data centre.