> So would openmosix be able to spread an hlds process over
> multiple cpus in
> one computer?

Didn't I already answer this question?  The answer is NO.  NO.  NO.  Mosix
can distribute multiple HLDS processes to different CPUs, depending on the
load each HLDS process is generating.  Mosix works with the ENTIRE HLDS
process.  It may move it from one node to another, but IT DOES NOT "SPLIT
UP" HLDS into sub HLDS parts.

Go read about program threads, then YOU answer YOUR question for US in your

Multithreading for Rookies:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dndllpro/ht
ml/msdn_threads.asp

This document is geared toward threading with the win32 API, but it will
explain thread basics better than any of the Unix thread docs I could find
with Google (which would lose you in a second).

I'm pretty sure that this whole HLDS and threading nonsense has come up on
one of the two HLDS lists before (if not both), and I've posted this same
link to the "Multithreading for Rookies" M$ doc before.  Maybe that was only
the w32 hlds list.

Anyway, please, please, anyone who doesn't understand multiprocessing and
threading, read this doc.

/me tired of ranting on this subject once a month (it seems ;)

StanTheMan
TheHardwareFreak
http://www.hardwarefreak.com
rcon admin at:
Beer for Breakfast servers        <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>
   209.41.98.2:27016 (CS multi-map)   209.41.98.2:27015 (DoD)
   209.41.98.2:27017 (CS militia/dust2)            Dallas, TX