> Yeah, thats wrong.  I read the FAQ before I started but I'm still not
> sure how networking works.  I guess any process I start even if its
> migrated to another system keeps the IP of its parent node?  So, data
> would come into the parent node then be forwarded to wherever the
> process is?

As far as I understand it, yes, what you state here is correct.  The I/O
(network and disk) stub of the process stays on the interactive
(home/login-in/whatever) node when the process is migrated to another node.
This is because there are two IP networks in a mosix cluster (ususally).
The first is the public interface on the interactive node.  The second is
the private interface on the interactive node which connects (usually by a
switch) to the "compute" nodes.  Typically the compute nodes do not have a
public IP, only a private cluster-only IP.  Now, you may think that IP masq
or some kind of forwarding needs to be setup on the interactive node.  I
don't believe this is correct.  Each hlds server process you will start on
the interactive node will actually bind to the public interface (which is
what you want) on the interactive node.  Then mosix will move the process to
one of the compute nodes, and handle the network traffic to/from the compute
nodes.  As far as IP networking is concerned, the hlds process is always
bound to the public interface on the interactive node.

Now maybe you're beginning to realize why mosix is so slick and c00l. ;)

StanTheMan
TheHardwareFreak
http://www.hardwarefreak.com
rcon admin at:
Beer for Breakfast servers        <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>
   209.41.98.2:27016 (CS multi-map)   209.41.98.2:27015 (DoD)
   209.41.98.2:27017 (CS militia/dust2)            Dallas, TX